Seeking distributors of a rehabilitation serious game platform for the elderly
Opportunity Reference #: BOFR20150804001
A French company that has conceived and launched a rehabilitation serious game platform specifically intended for the elderly is looking for distributors. Based on the motion capture technology for interaction with the user, the platform comprises fun exercises developed in close cooperation with expert physicians and physiotherapists. It can be used in nursing homes, rehabilitation centers and senior residences as well as at home, by private customers (on a computer).
This French company has conceived and developed a rehabilitation serious-game platform specifically designed for the elderly.
Intuitive and easy to use, the platform offers a series of fun exercises - developed by physiotherapists and expert physicians - for the upper and lower body, for balance, force, endurance and limb coordination improvement.
Through various modules, each dedicated to a different pathology or user profile, the platform enables creating tailor-made sessions to address the patient's specific needs and condition in order to achieve recovery or prevention of motor disorders.
The company's clients are mainly nursing homes, rehabilitation clinics and senior residences but the platform can also be used at home (accessible on a computer terminal).
The system is marketed via software licensing where customers pay a monthly subscription and may choose to have access to:
- the platform only (including future updates) or
- the platform and required material (computer, screen, projector and accessories).
The company is looking for distributors to develop its sales in Europe.
Advantages & Innovations
- Developed for rehabilitation purposes by expert physicians and physiotherapists.
- Specially designed for the elderly according to the latest studies and findings in the field of geriatrics.
- Adjustable both to patients and simple users, it comprises tailored exercises to address specific conditions and pathologies (diseases / disorders ) and complements therapy techniques but is also a means of prevention helping old people to maintain satisfactory levels of activity and enhance their motor skills, force and endurance.
- Can be used by professionals (physiotherapists, masseurs) in nursing homes, senior residences and rehabilitation clinics as well as at home, on a computer.
- Easy to use, allows creating customized sessions according to patient’s / user’s needs with a function to store and retrieve data in order to track and monitor performances and progress.
- a playful and enjoyable way to recover / improve motor skills, enhance patient’s / user’s motivation.
Products or Services
Role of Partner Sought
Seeking to develop their sales in Europe, the company is looking for distributors.
The prospective partners will be expected to have experience and good knowledge of the healthcare and medical sectors. Ideally, they will have the right contacts among professionals of the targeted market segments: senior residences, rehabilitation centers and caregivers working with the elderly.
The company is currently marketing their platform via software licensing but they are open to and willing to discuss any other options the potential partners might deem more appropriate and better adapted to local markets (eg. software sales)
Type of Partnership Considered
Distribution services agreement